I’m blown away by the response to my book! Thanks to all who have bought a copy and to all who have read it! That makes it worth having published. Thanks also to those who left a review! Here are some of the reviews people have said about Scents of War:
5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book & a Page Turner!
Scents of War is a page turner that I couldn’t put down! The plot is great, pulling in the reader, wanting to know what happens next for each of the characters and the situations they find themselves in. There is fantastic attention to detail, in your mind’s eye you can clearly imagine yourself in the story. In fact, this book offers something no other has for me… the connection of smell to the story. Smell and our olfactory nerves are tied to memories and emotions which definitely made this fantastic world seem all the more real and inviting. I can’t wait to read the rest of the trilogy!Auttie (on Amazon)
5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!!
I really enjoyed this book. I am excited that it is a trilogy. I can’t wait for the next book.Amazon Customer
☆☆☆☆☆ 5 out of 5 stars.
Creative And Exciting!
I read the book and loved it. It has a creative approach to the everyday senses I appreciated. The world the author created is similar to ours, but with unusual twists. The action is consistent and keeps you reading. I also love the names! A suspenseful read with more to come I think! I love a good fantasy.
JBBVL (on Barnes & Noble)
- # Tags:
- Action Packed,
- Strong Female Protagonist,
- Coming of Age
If you have read my book and enjoyed it, please help me out by leaving your own review wherever you purchased it! That’s how author’s get noticed. You can also request your library to purchase the book and most of them will!
On another exciting note, I have had a couple different people tell me they want their book clubs to read Scents of War! That is just mind-blowing to me. I feel so honored that you would want to share my book with all your book club peeps. That is why I’m including in this post a list of possible book club discussion questions:
- What was your favorite/least favorite part of the book?
- Who were your favorite/least favorite characters and why?
- Do you have a favorite quote? What is it?
- How did the setting affect the story?
- Which scents would be your aroma if you were in The Fragrant Trilogy?
- Which scents, both actual smells and aspects of war, were missing from the story that you thought should have been there?
- If you could hear this story from another character’s point of view, which character would you choose and why?
- Do you have any unanswered questions from this book? If so, what?
- Can you think of any examples in history that are similar to what these characters went through in the book? What are they? And why is that important?
- What lessons did Agonya learn throughout the book? Krillin? Jaylen? Huren? How do these lessons apply or don’t apply to our lives today?
If you do share your book with your book club, let me know and perhaps I can join you for the discussion (either in person or via zoom) and/or sign some books for you all. I may also be able to get you a discount for larger orders. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Book Club/Orders for Scents of War.
And if you want to order any copies for your friends for Christmas, you still have three days left (thru November 25th) to order to be sure they will arrive on time. So what are you waiting for? Order here!
Happy Thanksgiving where I hope you are surrounded with scents of loving family, friends, and delicious foods!